The Alternative 11 Day Plan
Day 1: Canberra to Cooinbill Hut (119km)
Day 2: Cooinbill Hut to Derschko’s Hut (82km)
Day 3: Derschko’s Hut to Dogman Hut (93km)
Day 4: Dogman Hut to Omeo (99km)
Day 5: Omeo to JB Plain Hut (46km)
Day 6: JB Plain Hut to Dargo (98km)
Day 7: Dargo to Horseyard Flat Camping Area via Billy Goat Bluff (52km)
Day 8: Horseyard Flat to Licola (80km)
Day 9: Licola to Woods Point (58km)
Day 10: Woods Point to Warburton (103km)
Day 11: Warburton to Melbourne (95km)
Day 12: Train from Melbourne CDB to Canberra
Map Reference: https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/fullscreen/1394336800/
- Cabramurra General Store (1.5 Days)
- Omeo General Store (2 Days)
- Licola General Store (4 days)
- Warburton General Store (2 days)
- Melbourne (Final Destination) (1 Day)
Food and Water
- Food – food resupply points are far between, up to 225km (140miles), so plan accordingly. Refer to the notes on the map for resupply options
- Water – treat all water before drinking. Reliable water can be up to 100km (62miles) apart, refer to notes on the map for water sources.
- Pub Meals – treat yourself to a pub meal when you get to Omeo, Dargo and/or Warburton.
- General Stores – the general stores along the route only stock basic supplies but enough to get you by. Note general stores generally close early, 5-6pm.